I was sitting on my bedroom floor holding Tag, giving him a treatment, while Whitley was crying, with my head pounding, thinking to myself, "This is how I am spending my 10 year anniversary". And I had to smile, just a little. I and my two sweet younger children have this horrible crap, coughing, sneezing, snotties, fever, and aches, and it is a terrible way to spend your day.
So as I have been pondering today about my 10 blissful years in complete and perfect harmony, ha, ha, just kidding. I guess I just feel really blessed to be sealed for time and all eternity to my Trent. He isn't perfect, nor am I, but the Lord was sure looking out for me when he maneuvered us together. It happened quickly once he returned home from his mission, maybe too quickly for some, but when it's right, there is really no need to wait. I asked Trent one time if he wished we would have waited a little longer, or maybe if he wished he would have come home and dated a little more and he said, "Why?" I thought, ...well, I won't tell you what I really thought(:, that would be inappropriate, but let me just say that I do love my husband!!! We have grown a lot in the last 10 years and fortunately for us it has been more insync with each other. So here is my list of reasons why I love Trent Reber:
1. He still thinks I am beautiful, especially without make-up on, and even after 3 1/2 kids.
2. He's mine forever.
3. He is a wonderful father, and all my children adore him.
4. He is in favor of letting me take some time for myself every now and then.
5. He has a strong testimony of the gospel, and lives it.
6. He is a hard worker and provides well for his family.
7. He supports my decision to stay home with our children, even though I could make some really good money as a massage therapist.
8. He has really pretty eyes, and eyelashes, and broad shoulders, and strong arms, and really big feet, that aren't my favorite to rub, but I do it because I love him, but not often enough(:
9. He blushes! His cheeks seriously get red, like Santa Claus, and it does funny things to my innards(:
10. I love the fact that he earned the money to pay for his mission by showing cows in the fair.
11. I love that he grew up in this small town and learned how to work.
12. I love him because he let me help him build our house together. He took the time to show me how to do things and then let me do them.
13. I love that he doesn't expect me to be a certain way. He allows me to be who I am. I didn't have to change the way I looked, or what I wore to be with him.
14. I love that we still hold hands in the car, and while we are walking.
15. I love that we can joke around with each other when things don't turn out quite like we expected.
16. I love that I can breathe on his neck and he gets all squirmish and giggly.
17. He has a nice laugh and sometimes when we get laughing, it's hard to stop.
18. Have you heard the song, " She thinks my tractors sexy"? Well, I don't especially think the tractor is sexy, but there is something about a man in Wranglers on a tractor, not just any man, I mean my man.
19. I love his smile. He has that crooked smile thing going on and it makes me smile, too.
20. I love the fact that we have never had a knock-down, drag-out, name calling fight, and when we do fight, we usually get over it pretty quickly-I'm a girl who needs her sleep(:
I could go on and on, and I am sure once I post this and I am laying in my bed, trying to find a position where my nose can drain and I can breathe, that I will think of all kinds of reasons why I love Trent, and reasons why I am so grateful that we are still together. We have made a beautiful family together. We have a beautiful life together and I know that we can make it through anything as long as we stick together and stay close to the Lord. Pray for me that my nose will at least allow me to breathe this weekend while we are on our romantic getaway(:
P.S. I wanted to add some pics, but my computer is not working right now and that's where all my pictures are stored so I may have to post some later.


5 comments:
I love this post! Has it really been 10 years? You two are such a wonderful couple to look up to and your children are proof of how much you love one another.
I hope you and your shortlings get better. That crud is going around up here, also.
Congrats on the anniversary!
Happy anniversary Trent and Jenny! I really love this post also, you two are the ultimate couple and so adorable together. Your reasons why comments remind me of all the reasons I love my hunny bunny... We're going on 9 years this year. Time sure has flown by! Hope all of you get feeling better quick. =)
Jenny, I am glad you love my brother and I know he loves you too. I hope you and the kids start feeling better soon. My kids are starting it and poor grandma has them both today.
I'm so happy for the two of you.. It's hard to find someone you are compatible with and love with all your heart, mind and soul. It's wonderful to have goals together that actually work out once in a while and enough love to make it through when they don't. I do love you both and am proud to call you my sister. You are a truly special daughter of GOD. Happy Anniversary and many more to come.. We're going on 16 years.. seems like it was just yesterday that I got married.. But.. Time flies when you're having fun.
I'm so happy for the two of you.. It's hard to find someone you are compatible with and love with all your heart, mind and soul. It's wonderful to have goals together that actually work out once in a while and enough love to make it through when they don't. I do love you both and am proud to call you my sister. You are a truly special daughter of GOD. Happy Anniversary and many more to come.. We're going on 16 years.. seems like it was just yesterday that I got married.. But.. Time flies when you're having fun.
Post a Comment