Monday, February 2, 2009

Pinewood Derby

Tanner's very first activity as a new cub scout was the Pinewood Derby. He was so excited. His dad found this really cool design on the internet for his car and they went to work. It looked really cool. I helped him paint it blue, gold and silver and he named it the "Blue and Gold".
Tanner took first place two times! He thought that it meant he won second over all, but I think that is pretty good for his very first time! He won the "Blue and Gold" award. It was a lot of fun. He said on the way home, "I love Scouts!" He has dedicated leaders that are always doing fun things so I am sure he is going to have a great time this year.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sadly, the pinewood derby brings up bad memories for me. You know, when Steve was the cubmaster and I was pregnant, and he decided to procrastinate and I ran around like a chicken with her head cut off the day before, trying to organize everything. (shudder) Darn you Steve! Cody and Steve also procrastinated with Cody's car and his car did not do well. But hey, what does the mom know? Hmmmmm?!?!!?!

Wendy said...

Alex and Brock both loved the Pinewood Derby. They evolved into quite the master car makers after a couple of years and finally had the weights situated just right too bad the track sucked...But the cars looked cool!!!

Brandy said...

Ah how fun! I remember when my mom was Denmother and we had all the scouts over making pinewood derby cars. Good times. Glad he had a great time and congratulations on the 2 firsts.

Powered By Blogger