Sunday, January 11, 2009

My birthday

I have been trying to get Trent to give me a "day off" either on my birthday or right around my birthday, but it didn't quite work out this year. He has done it for me before and it has really made me feel like a new woman when I return home. I don't really get the whole day off, just five or six hours, where I go get my haircut, a pedicure, go shopping for myself, have lunch, you get the point. It's not that I don't love my children, I'm just one of those people who enjoys a little "me" time where I'm not anybody's mother or wife for a few hours and I can focus on myself and not feel guilty. And believe me, I don't feel guilty. I'd like to take a day off once a month, or seriously, once a week, even if it was just a night off, but all you mothers out there know that that ain't happening.


But I do have a good husband who loves me and brings me roses on my birthday (This year he actually brought me roses and a big mac because I wasn't going to cook dinner on my B-day, and it sounded really good) I love roses. I've heard a lot of woman say that they would rather not get roses because they just die, but they make me feel special. They smell so good and who cares if they die. I feel really loved for at least a few days(: My mother -in-law also bought me the pregnant willow tree statue, which I love! I was trying to tell the girls at young women's that I was 23 and Tanner just happened to be standing there and he's all, "You liar, you're 33!" I just rolled my eyes at him, thanks for ruining the moment.

4 comments:

Brandy said...

Ahhh that's so sweet Jenny! Glad that your birthday was nice and your roses are beautiful. =) I really love the Willow Tree, she's gorgeous! LOL dang that Tanner, gotta love the whole 'children never lie' thing...It would be nice if they'd let YOU lie at least once in a while though!

Jen said...

It's probably best that Tanner told the YW the truth. That would make you the age of 15 when you had Tanner. What kind of example are you? Besides, 33 is still young. Pretty flowers! Steve use to be pretty good at getting me flowers on our anniversary, but the last few years, he's been slacking. I'm just hoping to be able to go some where with him ALONE this year. We have not been on a date alone, since Conner was born! We are a sad, sad, couple!

I hope you still had a wonderful birthday and I hope you are feeling better! Happy be-lated birthday Jenny!

Wendy said...

I did call the day after your birthday... but forgot to call back on Sunday... maybe tomorrow I will remember before it's too late.. I do love you little one..

Crista said...

I will probally know this feeling come april,when I am new mom to a little girl my husband and I are expecting. My husband,you probally know him from church,his name is Sean Jordan,Yeah I am his wife.He is on military leave right now and I wont be able to see him until 2 weeks before the baby is born. I like spending me time too. But I wish he was here. Your husband sounds like a sweet guy.

Powered By Blogger