Friday, January 2, 2009

Whoa! Christmas went by fast!

This Christmas season was a blur to me. I wish I could rewind and do it again, but feeling good like I have the last few days(: I wasn't able to do anything that I normally do around this time of year. We didn't make any goodies to take to our friends and neighbors. We didn't go see any lights. We went to my dad's for our family party and we were an hour an a half late and then I was sick pretty much the rest of the time we were there. We didn't go sledding. I even missed Tanner performing in his school Christmas program. So I apologize to my family and friends for being so obscure this holiday season, but I have preferred my pillow and the bathroom over anything else these last several weeks.

I did manage to take a few pictures on Christmas morning so I will share them with you now! This is Whitley and her toy from Santa that makes all kinds of music. She and Tag were fighting over it so I think it was a hit. She also got a cabbage patch doll that she could have cared less about. I couldn't help myself frome buying it, it was so cute (Maybe she'll get it again next year(:)
This is our tree that we cut by ourselves up in Pine Valley. We put it downstairs this year, just to give us some more room. It smelled really good !
Taggert got a new tractor and didn't want to open anything else after that. Trent got a new shirt and pants and work boots-nothing that he asked for but a 9mm was going to cost a little much, he'll get over it(:
Tanner got a new bike a lots of clothes because he has grown so much just since school started. He also got a new DS game that he thought we had forgot about so he was really impressed! I didn't get what I asked for either. I bought myself pajama pants, and maternity pants and a dress. Trent came home at 3pm on Christmas Eve and said, "I've got to go to St. George. I haven't gotten you anything yet." I was like forget it, I got it myself! He did come with me to finish up the kid's Christmas so it's all good. Sometimes I actually prefer buying my own Christmas because then I know I will like it when I open it on Christmas morning, but it is nice to be surprised!!!

5 comments:

Brandy said...

LOL Jenny >< I understand about buying your own Christmas and it being just what you wanted! John is really good about buying me stuff that he knows I'll like though. I have trained him well over the years /wink =) So sorry you're feeling so awful though =( Hopefully once you get outta the first trimester it gets better. Love ya'll and glad to hear you're doing well.

Jen said...

Oh Jenny. Oh Jenny. You have to be having a girl! So, what shall we name her? Ophelia? Gertrude, Or how about Lulu?

When you said your Christmas tree smelled so good, it brought back a flood of pregnancy memories when I was prego with Cody. Our tree didn't smell so nice :(

I'm praying you will feel better soon! Even though you have been paying respect to the porceline god's alot lately, I'm glad to see that everyone's Christmas was so nice!

Wendy said...

That sounds so familiar!! It seems like it was just Thanksgiving and then it was Brock's birthday already and now it's after New Year's. Scott and I usually get our gifts when we're shopping for the kids. That way we both get what we want!! lol Hopefully soon you will be feeling better and not worshipping the porcelin god so much! OUr thoughts and prayers are with you. I did however make the best fudge I've ever made this year and it turned out so heavenly. Scott was impressed even though he could only eat one piece. Love you guys!!

Jen Wade said...

I'm so sorry you've been so sick... it's nearly impossible to not feel good and be a mom... I'm glad your feeling a little better hopefully your past it all now?? Best of luck with all that... good to see a new post.

Kate said...

Well, at least you were okay for part of Christmas!!! I'll be thinking of some girl names too. It's got to be. And unfortunately mine last the WHOLE pregrancy.

Powered By Blogger