Sunday, May 17, 2009
My pubic bone dilemma):
I went to the doctor on Friday and I left crying. I told him that I did a stupid thing and he said well we could go in and screw it back together, but that would probably hurt worse than it does now. I am pretty sure he was kidding, but he proceeded to tell me that there wasn't anything we could do for it until I had the baby. Then, he said, "you are planning on having an epideral, aren't you?" That's when I cringed as thoughts of me trying to push this baby out through the opening between my pubic bone and my hips came to smack me right between the eyes. I feebly replied, "No, I haven't had one with any of my kids." He was horrified, just kidding, but he said, "Hmmm, well, you might want to think about it because I just delivered a 42 year old woman having her 15 kid with this same problem and she was really hurting. I felt really sick to my stomach. The fear of having that needle stick into my back. I've seen the needle they use and besides, I've got lower back problems. What if I have the stupid epidural and it doesn't even work. That would be worse. I am seriously scared for this delivery. So, if you will all pray that when the time comes for this baby to be born that it will be quick.(: I would really appreciate it(: Oh, and while you are praying, putting a plug in for me to go a little early wouldn't hurt my feelings either because Whitley was 3 1/2 weeks early and she was 7lbs 8oz., my biggest baby. I cannot have a ten pound baby in my condition(: Okay, that's all the requests I have(: Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I will definitely be praying for you. If you do end up with the epideral, just think of how much more relaxed you will be. My epiderals were really not that bad to get. Especially the second one. I never cried with either one, and for me, it was sooooooo worth it! And remember, I'm a whimp. I never even saw the needle, only Steve did. Having Conner turned and my water broken before the epideral was much worse. Don't worry too much! Hang in there! And sorry to say, but I'm not going to pray for you to have your baby earlier than 3 1/2 weeks! 3 weeks is good enough, friend! You need that baby to cook as long as possible for he/she to be healthy! (just what you wanted to hear, huh?)
Seriously, Raegan was one week early and look how healthy she is. No really, I'm joking. Epidural, well you're nutz for not having one yet. Plus all the horror stories you hear here, don't worry, the anse.....blahist isn't down there. All the bad ones I hear about, including 1 of mine, are all from the same guy. No worries, you'll love it. You'll be kicking yourself for not doing it with the others!!!
And yes, I've seen the needle-watched one in High School what I still haven't forgot. But honey, it's well worth it!
I will be praying for you since I've had two epidurals but neither one worked so with Kassy I didn't waste the time or the money. It wasn't really all that bad but then once I hit a 5 my kids have all been born within 15 minutes so it's not a big deal. But the epi isn't too painful just more scary than anything. Hang in there. Alex was 3 weeks early and he weighed 7lbs and 15oz. Brock was only 1 week early but he was 6 12. and Kassy was 3 weeks early and only weighed 6 8. so mine have continously gotten smaller. We do love you and will keep you in our prayers.
Post a Comment