So, it's another Mother's Day, and I find myself evaluating my own mothering skills and where I stack up to all the great mother's I know, and then my sister-in-law (Thanks Shanie) gives me this book, "A Mother's Touch" today at church. I started reading through it and came across a quote that has just become one of my favorites. It goes like this, "Motherhood brings as much joy as ever, but it still brings boredom, exhaustion, and sorrow, too. Nothing else ever will make you as happy or as sad, as proud or as tired, for nothing is quite as hard as helping a perosn develop his own individuality especially while you struggle to keep your own."-Marguerite Kelly and Elia Parsons
I love that because being a mom is hard. It is the hardest thing I have ever done, and I think it's hard because it's not what I expected it would be. And, I am not the mother I thought I would be. It is exhausting some days and I wonder if I am really doing any good, but I am slowly learning to cling to the little joys that happen, maybe not every day, but when they happen. I love each of my children so much and they all bring something different to our family. Our life is going to get a little crazy this summer with another little one on the way, but it will be fun to see how each of my children reacts to their new sibling. It is crazy how with each new baby I wonder if I will be able to love them as much as I do the children I already have and then I see their tiny, new face and all doubt disappears, and it's like they were always a part of the family.
I just want to tell my sister, my sisters-in-law, my mother-in-law, and all those woman in my life who are examples to me of great mothers Happy Mohter's Day! I want my own mom to know that I thought she was a great mother, too. She helped mold me into the woman and mother I am today. She had such a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and she was a strong example of living an honest, virtuous, and service filled life. Oh, how I wish she were still here so that I could call her today and complain about how big and uncomfortable I was getting and to hear her say that it would all be worth it once I held that baby in my arms. I miss her a lot! But, then I think of my mom and my sister, Kay, and both of my grandmothers all on the other side, and I have to laugh because, for those of you who know these woman, can you imagine the good they are doing over on the other side? Can you imagine that foursome coming in to teach you the gospel? And what fun they are having together? That is a comforting thought because I know that those who are for us are more than those who are against us. I am grateful for these good women who helped raise my parents to be my good parents. I strongly believe I was "born of goodly parents", not perfect, but they were what I needed and my life has been blessed!
Happy Mother's Day!!!!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
My Jenny you will never know haw very special you are to me even if I don't show it. I think of you often and am amazed at the strength of your tiny little spirit!! You are truly a special daughter of God. It's funny how these things run through your head when you are pregnant. You know you will love this new little spirit just as much as the rest of your children it's just in different ways but always unconditional.
I look at each of my kids and feel truly blessed that God allowed me to care for his special spirits while they are on earth. They each are so unique in many ways but so alike in others. They are truly my greatest accomplishment to date. It's amazing to me that I created each little spirit with lots of help from the Lord and nourished them and brought them into the world. They have truly saved my life. They give me so much more than I could ever give them.
I just want you to know that I know that God lives and he hears and answers our prayers not always how we want but he does answer and it is his will not ours. All you have to do is listen for the still small voice. I know that Jesus died on the cross for me to save my soul and took on all my sins. I know that he has forgiven me of many of my trespasses and sins of my youth, young adulthood and middle age.
I too know that I have been blessed with goodly parents that took the time to teach me right from wrong and I am eternally greatful since now I can pass this onto my own children. I know that they have helped me become the woman that I am today both the good and the bad. I also know that God loves me for who I am and the choices I am making today will forever effect my tomorrows. We just don't know how many more of them we have.
I thought of mom and Kay and my special Granny and Grandma Nettie yesterday and how very special and unique each one was. Yet each one had a strength of spirit above many I know now. They will always be a guiding beacon in my life and so will you.
May God Bless you always and keep you in his loving arms. You are truly a wonderful mother and a very special daughter of God. I love you!! Love ya, Wendy
Happy Mother's Day to you!!
What a wonderful tribute to your mother Jenny!
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Post a Comment