Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Baby Blues







My sister-in-law, Jen, posted some of her kids inherited traits which got me thinking about my own kids. Tanner has dark brown eyes just like his daddy. I really thought all our kids would have brown eyes because brown is a dominant gene, but much to my delight, Taggert has bright blue eyes and Whitley is sporting a darker blue with a lighter blue around the pupil. I hope they both keep their blue eyes. Everybody in Trent's family says that Taggert has "Jensen" blue eyes and Whitley has "Reber" blue eyes, but I know from my nursing classes that blue eyes are a recessive gene. What that means is that both parents have to have the gene for a child to get blue eyes. I know we have some blue eyes in my family. Steve has blue eyes. I think my Grandpa Lewis had blue eyes. Alex and Harold both have blue eyes. I guess it really doesn't matter, but I have to say, I've got some pretty blue eyed kids!!
Not to leave Tanner out, the goof ball. He does have beautiful brown eyes, too!

5 comments:

Jen Wade said...

YEAH!!!!! You did it, I'm seriously so happy, this is going to be great, your kids are getting big, and your little girl is adorable!!! So great to see some picts... I'm adding you to my friends and family right now!!! We can finally stay in touch!!

Jen said...

Look a Whitley's little round face! Cody and Conner have blue eyes. I'm out numbered by the 3 butt chins, 3 butt heads (just kidding), and testostorone (sp?). I'm feeling lonely!

Randi said...

Good Work on your blog. It is nice to be able to see a small glimpse of what your family is doing. I just cannot get over how cute your little Whitley is. Your kids are definately growing up.

Wendy said...

just remember the third child is always a girl jen just go for it!!! LOL My Brock has a butt chin and blue eyes too but all three of my kids have blue eyes.I remember when Brock was born and Scott thought something was wrong with his butt chin until he shaved and he had one just like it not to mention the no butt on the butt look. Alex was lucky as he inherited the round butt like Steve and John. Kassy is built like a mini me. Your kids are all just so adorable I'm gladl you guys started this so I can watch them grow. I miss it so much. Happy Birthday Taggart on the 27th. We do love you Wen

Amanda said...

Hey Jenny-
My mom is always telling me about your Whitley, so it was fun to find your blog and see a picture. She is adorable!! So are your boys though so what did I expect? It was fun to see Tanner this weekend, Corri's boys sure have fun with him, and I get a kick out of his little personality!

Powered By Blogger