Taggert had some major dental work done yesterday, and it turned out to be a little more than we planned for. He ended up getting his four front teeth pulled. The dentist said it looked like someone had taken a shotgun to them, they were so full of cavities. He then got ten crowns, yes, I said ten! The rest of his teeth, which most all had some cavities,the dentist was able to fill. We went to the hospital and they put Tag completely out, but it was still a traumatic experience. Mypoor son could be the
poster boy for "Why we brush our teeth morning and night." We took this picture this morning. He is eating a chocolate muffin, so that is chocolate around his mouth, but you can see his missing teeth and the ones left make him look like a vampire. He had a rough day yesterday, but he was pretty much back to normal today. The dentist we had before was into this "we don't want to traumatize the kid so we won't hold him down and do a good job cleaning his teeth; we'll just let them rot out of his head." So, after this experience, I am going to insist that they hold him down and clean his teeth, and screw traumatizing him because 10 crowns and 4 teeth pulled is more trauma than a couple of minutes of holding him down every six months. By the way, we switched dentists.
Tag got granted a wish from Make a Wish Foundation. We wished for our backyard to be finished and they said they didn't do that, but that they had a great trip to Disney World that they could send us on. So, we will be going to Disney World the week before Easter. Right after we get back, Tag has to have a little surgery to correct his lazy eye. So, hopefully the trip will make up for his teeth and his eye, and hopefully we will be done with procedures for this year. Oh, we also had Tag down in Flagstaff last week for his heart check up and everything is good for another year. I always get so anxious for those trips so it's always good to come home with good news.
This is my pretty Whitley girl's curls. I can't believe how long her hair has gotten. I have been trying to put little barretts in it, but I can hardly do my own hair so she is kinda out of luck. She is cute enough to get away with no fluff. I pulled out some of her clothes from last fall and they still fit her! Last fall I had to buy stuff a little big just to fit around her girth. Now, she is slimming down so everything fits her how it should. I don't know if that will stop me from buying a few more summer things for her because it is just so fun(:
Trent is trying to keep his cousin's business afloat. He has been bidding some really close jobs. He lost a job a few weeks ago over about $600 dollars, but last week he won a job in Mesquite by just $33.00!!! That is how crazy the construction industry is right now. It's crazy and I hope it lets up, or we might be living in a tent in our backyard.
I am 24 weeks pregnant, and I can't seem to keep myself full. I am always hungry, but nothing seems to fill me up. So if you see me with chocolate or peanut butter smeared on my face and a milk mustache, please tell me.


One more last tidbit about the goings on in Littlefield. Tanner has fondly named the cow Susie. He has had the opportunity to milk her with his dad in the mornings. Tag wants to help out but he won't come close to the cow. It has been really convenient to not have to buy milk twice a week. We can have fresh stuff every morning.
This is Whitley's first ride on a horse. Her dad put her on by herself first and she didn't like it one bit, but once he got on with her she was ready to ride. She's going to be a little cowgirl!


5 comments:
Poor Tag, is right! Your right! Strap him down and clean those teeth!
Whitley has thinned out big time. I love her little grin. It's hard to resist buying new clothes for the summer.
You know, growing up I swore I would never marry someone who worked in construction. What happened? It was tough on my parents and stressful. Steve is going to try the cop thing again. We would take a big pay cut, but it's a steady job and we won't have to pay so much in taxes every year. I hate taxes.
Hang in there guys. I'm positive things will work out!
Hey Jenny-
Your kids are getting so big!! It's been since we've seen you I guess-congrats on #4!! That is so exciting!
poor little Tag!! I hope that Disney World does make up for it. That is too cool that he was granted a wish. I can't think of more deserving people. Love you all.
Almost forgot how cute little Whitely is and yes she has slimmed down bunches. Clothes for girls are just too fun to buy when they are little and still let you dress them. Just wait.. Your time will come when they can do it their ownself....
Dang, Tag has been a real trooper through all of his trials. He is an amazing little spirit, that's for sure. Glad to hear that he was able to eat and start getting back to normal again so quick after the dentist got done with him.
You all really deserve a nice trip like that and hope ya'll have a blast! =)
Whitley is growing up fast also! I love her hair also but I'm gonna miss those cheeks! Brett is turning 18 tomorrow, sheesh time just flies by so fast when ya grow up... =)
All our love!
John Brandy and family.
Post a Comment