So yesterday brought on another wave of emotions and life reflections. My little brother just had a new baby girl last night, and just by talking to him, I can tell she's already got him wrapped around her finger. There is just something about having this new little life in your arms that is amazing. I remember when Whitley was born I couldn't stop looking at her. She was so beautiful and perfect. I had so much love for her and to see Trent with her just melted my heart. He was so cute with her. There was just so much joy.
On the flip side of that...Trent's cousin lost a baby girl yesterday. She was just four months old and I can't imagine anything more devasting than losing one of your babies. I found myself looking at my kids a little different yesterday, but especially my baby girl. I looked at her and was so grateful that she is almost ten months old and she is healthy and strong, so grateful that we still have her. I thought about Taggert and all the times that he could have been taken from us. And then trying to explain to Tanner that bad things happen to good people and that God isn't doing it to hurt us. We came here to get a body and to gain experience so that we can return to him one day. We are here to be tried and tested. We have to go through some bad so that we can know just how good it is when we go through the good things in life. I know that it is easier to say it than it is to go through it, but I am so grateful for the knowledge I have that I will be with my mom again. I will see my sister, Kay, and my grandparents, and what a great reunion it will be. I also know that there are things that happen in our lives that only the Savior can heal. There are things that only He can help us through, and he will if we will let. I am just grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ that has been restored in its fulness upon the earth. I don't want to think where I would be without it. I have had too many things happen in my life for me to deny the truthfulness of it. I know that my life has been greatly blessed because of it.
I don't know what else to say so I will just sign off now(:
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Thank you!!!
you are truly an inspiration to us all!
Post a Comment