Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Weekend

Our weekend started in pioneer clothes in the pouring rain! Trent and I are going to be a Ma and Pa for Trek this year and we were having a training for it. It was supposed to be an overnighter, but we got rained out. We did get to practice pulling the handcarts, empty, and it was a little tough, especially up the big hill. We even got to enjoy some burnt chicken broth that would have been tasty, if not for the burnt taste. Trek is in two weeks so pray for us that we make it out alive. (We have heard that we are going to be hiking about 30 miles in four days!)Sorry, no pics, yet(:









Saturday we helped push the cows over the mountain. Tanner is getting really good at riding the horse by himself. Grandpa got a saddle for him that is just his size, now he thinks we need to ride every day. I think Grandpa would probably be really content doing that. Tag can't ride by himself but he likes to ride, too. We didn't get Whitley on the horse this time because it was rainy and cold, but I think she will like it.






Monday we headed to the hills to do some hiking and geocaching. It has been so fun geocaching. Tanner loves it because we get to use the GPS and find treasures. Usually you bring something to put in the cache and you get to take something out. They are all over the place. We had a good weekend. And now the summer begins because my kids are out of school and I have no idea how I am going to keep Tanner from getting bored. If you have any ideas, let me know(:

3 comments:

Jen said...

Have fun trekking! I can honestly say that I am not jealous.

Is that Tag on the side of the cliff? Oh my word! I love the picture of him with his pre-school class. What a cutey!

Good job on the reading award Tanner!

jenreb said...

Yes, that is Tag on the side of the cliff. I was going to put captions under the photos-like spiderman under Tag's and Superman under Trent's because he has Whitley in a back pack and then Tag on his shoulders. Fun times!

Wendy said...

sounds like a blast. The only trekking I get to do is to my office at work but it is about 1/4 mile!!

Congratulations Tanner!! Keep up the good work!!

Be careful climbing Tag you little monkey you!!

and Whitley .... Just too cute.. loved her little chubby thighs in her pictures. too cute for words..

Powered By Blogger