Two weeks ago, we went up to Salt Lake to meet with some of the Elders that Trent and I both served with on Kosrae. One of the Elders was from New Zealand in Salt Lake for a training for work, and there was just no question as to if we were going or not. It was so good to be with the "Bomb Zone" again. We played a game that was probably pretty stupid for an outsider looking in, but it was good to hear the language again, and know that I still understand it(: I think the best thing was just to know that these good Elders that I served with are still strong in the Gospel. They are married and have families of their own and it is just a good feeling knowing they stayed strong. It reminds me of Ammon in the Book of Mormon when he meets up with his brothers after like a 15 year mission to the Lamanites. He was so happy to see them and see that they were still firm in the faith. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve a mission. It was an experience I will never forget, and one that set my life up for things that I never could have imagined on my own. My life was definetly headed in a different direction before my mission, but I am so grateful that I went with the plan my Heavenly Father had for me. I have such a beautiful family because of it. My decision to serv
e a mission is one I will never regret!
!!! Every time we get together, the pictures come out! The Wade's are always so good to let us crash at their house. They even got a pinata for the kids. Thanks Jen, sorry it was so late when we left. You guys are great!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
It's so great that you and Trent have stayed so close to your old companions. It was also nice seeing you, even if it was just for a short moment.
I only wish we could get together more often, it's always so good to see the Rebers and so good to see Harris after like 9 years... crazy! And "puu'ts" several years there too... (we see Neeley more often) I feel such a part of the Kosrae family and I didn't even serve... ha ha... great post, I too love seeing that everyone has stayed strong, its fantastic!!! Good Times!! And good to see your cute kiddies, and how big there getting, I miss little Taggert and his hugs he he...
Post a Comment