Sunday, March 29, 2009

Taggert is 5!!!!

Trent decorated Tag's cake! Cute, huh?!!!!
He got new boots!

Taggert's birthday was on Friday and it is so hard to believe he is really five. He started out so tiny and fragile and he has grown into an overly active ball of energy. After his heart surgery, and his first few hospital visits, I knew I had to change doctors. I was hoping to make the change without the old doctor even knowing we had switched, but alas, it was not to be. My last confrontation with Tag's former doctor just proved to me all the more that I was doing the right thing by switching. He said to me, "He's never going to get better." To him I would say, "In your face, porker!" I think Tag has quite a bit of Lewis in him and you just don't say that kind of stuff to a Lewis because, we will prove you wrong if it's the last thing we do!!!! He is such a fighter, and he is truly a miracle.


So, ten things I love about my Taggert:
1. His pretty blue eyes and long eyelashes
2. His goofy little grin
3. His cute little naked bum
4. His ability to draw people to him, especially the older people; we are still working on people
his size
5. His happy-go-lucky attitude
6. His resilience and his strength
7. I love the fact that my son will be made perfect one day and have all his mental capacities, and I suppose he and I will have a good talk together, maybe even cry, and surely a good laugh
8. He is a lover
9. He's not a wussy
10. He really does love his little sister, I've actually witnessed him hugging her

I love you Tag and I am grateful for your little spirit that found it's way to our home.

P.S. Happy Birthday Kassie!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Jenny! This made so excited to see our Taggert! He's a great little boy with a infectious smile!
We love him, bunches and wish him a happy birthday.

SarahMarie said...

Happy Birthday Tag. I love seeing him everyday at school and Whitley too.

Kate said...

Happy Birthday!!! Can't wait to see ya!

Wendy said...

I can't believe he is five already!! Time passes much too quickly. I still remember the last time that we saw him running around everywhere in his little walker. Yes Jenny we Lewis' are fighters especially us momma bears... LOL Taggart is a very special little spirit and he came to a very special family...with a very special mom... He truly makes the world a better place to be... Happy Birthday Sweetie... I really didnt forget I just forgot to remember...

Wendy said...

Just so you know Taggart is perfect already!!!

Powered By Blogger